Before You Start
Complete these steps to configure a report suite to collect app data.
If you are an Analytics administrator: Complete the steps in Set up your App in Adobe Mobile Services to configure a report suite to collect mobile app data. After you complete these steps, create an Analytics account for each app developer and give them access to view the report suite(s) you created.
If you are an app developer: Send a link to this page to your Analytics administrator and ask him or her to complete these steps. After the report suite is configured, your administrator will provide you with a login you can use to complete steps in Download the SDK and Testing Tools.
This section contains the following information:
Note: You must be an Analytics Administrator to complete these steps.
Adobe Mobile services is the primary reporting interface for mobile app analytics and targeting. After you complete these steps you can download a configuration file that is pre-configured with your data collection server, report suite, and many other settings.
First, sign in at https://mobilemarketing.adobe.com. Two ways exist for you to sign in:
- Marketing Cloud: Sign in to the Marketing Cloud with your Adobe ID. This method assumes that your company has been provisioned in the Marketing Cloud, and you have linked your Analytics account. (If you are unsure, use your existing Adobe Analytics account.)
- Adobe Analytics: Click Sign in with Analytics provide your Analytics company, username, and password.
Complete the following steps to set up a new report suite to collect app data and to define an app in Adobe Mobile services.
- Click the Create New App button. (If you don't see this button, click Manage Apps > Add instead.)
- From the Report Suite drop-down, select New Report Suite.
- Provide the name of your App and select a unique report suite ID, for example, mycomobileappdev. Note that you'll need to set up separate report suites and apps for the development and production versions, so you can repeat these steps when you are ready to set up the production version.
- Leave Mobile App Template selected. This template enables timestamps to collect offline data and activates the mobile solution variables to capture lifecyle metrics.
- Select your Timezone and Currency, and then click Save.
After an Analytics Administrator has completed the previous steps, complete the following to download the mobile SDKs.
- Browse to https://mobilemarketing.adobe.com and log-in the with the account your administrator created for you.
- Select your App from the drop-down list in the left navigation.
- Click the Gear icon to open the App configuration.
- Scroll to bottom of the page and download the SDK, Bloodhound, and the Sample App for your platform. A config file for your App is included in the SDK download automatically, so you don't need to download that separately unless you have already downloaded the SDK and you just want to get updated settings.
Parent topic: Getting Started